Thursday, January 3, 2008

Starting Over (Again)

     Yesterday was the first day that I started all over again with trying to make healthy choices. Some stuff went as planned and some did not.
     First off, I was tired from returning home the night before at 11 p.m. after a great visit with Rick’s bro in Moses Lake. And, it was the first day back to school, too.
     So, with those two excuses on my bulging belt, I did not exercise yesterday. BUT, I did eat VERY well!!! I wrote down everything I ate and even kept track of the calories, too.
     I drank more water yesterday, too. AND, last night while I was reading, I had a moment of wanting to snack. So, I went into the kitchen and heard the Cheese-its calling my name.
     Instead I started thinking that maybe I was thirsty, and I drank a big glass of cold water. Wouldn’t you know it? I walked away from those screaming orange crackers!!
     Yesterday I also made an appointment with a co-worker to weigh on the wrestling scale. I didn’t really want to know what I weighed, and I know I have gained weight since this summer, and based on how my clothes feel, I know I am right at the highest I have been.
     I did know that I had to weigh though. That’s reality, and it gives me a starting point. I also decided that I am going to weigh weekly.
     Even though I weighed today, I am normally going to weigh on Fridays. I figure that will give me some motivation during my weekend!
     250.8 pounds. That’s what I weigh right now. SIGH. Back to where I started when I started this blog almost two years ago (February 2006).
     In spite of this, I was very excited today. I felt motivated by that scale, and my co-worker who is so positive and reminds me not to give up on myself.
     But, I know that it’s never too late to make it happen, to lose the weight, and gain years on my life.
     I recently have thought a lot about health, as I have some people that I am very close to that are suffering some serious health problems.
     And, something that really smacked me in the face was that some of the choices these loved ones made in their lives have now affected their quality of living.
     I want to be around for a long time. Are you kidding? I have WAY too many things on my “Things To Do Before I Die” list!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.