Thursday, January 31, 2008

Meditate in my direction!

     I have recently tried meditating. A few things have sent me into this new experience, partly a book I am currently reading (self-help book), and also a different book that I have already read (Eat, Love, and Pray).
     Of utmost importance is my crazy energy level. I am always going (lapped that Energizer bunny years ago!), always thinking, always busy.
     Pretty much the only time I am just quiet is when I am asleep, reading, or watching a movie! And, as far as silencing my brain...I would say that is when I am sleeping, but really I have tons of vivid dreams, so I don't know about that!
     Just to take complete quiet and relaxation time, that seems like a momentous occasion!
     The last few afternoons I have allowed myself this both literal and figurative quiet time.
     I love the feeling of calm and peace that comes along with this quietening of my mind and body!
     What else I have noticed is my increased energy...kind of like a recharging of the battery!
     I plan on keeping this ritual, maybe trying it on a daily basis, but for now, just doing it when I feel like it and when I do have that quiet time available.
     I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this meditating suits me so well. I was born in 1971, and for most of my life, I have thought that I should've been an adult in the 60s and 70s!

No comments: