Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Words and Rice!

     I have soooo much to tell you! I may not write more until tomorrow, but I promise I will! Good stuff!
     For now, I just REALLY want to tell you about this SUPER cool site that a friend sent me today!
     If you know me, you know I am the biggest WORD NERD ever! I love words!
     There is a place where you can challenge your vocabulary, all the while earning grains of rice to be given to help feed the hungry! It's legit! The United Nations World Food Federation is the group delivering the rice that is earned.
     I even read an interesting article in the New York Times about this site. The article informed readers of all the important info, and then proceeded to discuss the benefits of testing your vocab, and how eventually you even start to know words that you didn't even know you know!
     Check it out! http://www.freerice.com/
     I have some exciting news to share about some really GOOD things happening in my life right now. Coming soon, promise :)

1 comment:

candy said...

The freerice.com word game is really fun and useful to help feed the poor!!!Thank you so much for your innovativeness. You go girl!!!