Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good two days!!

Yesterday I didn't blog because I fell asleep last night on the couch!! Tee hee...guess I was tired.

I have been working out twice a day!! EVERY DAY :) I love the Cybex Arc Trainer! I LOVE IT! I get such an intense workout on it!! I am just beyond sweaty, like I could wring out my shirt sweaty!!! And, this morning I was in a particularly intense part of my workout, with my heart rate monitor kicking in pretty high, and then the book I was reading was in an intense part, so I felt like my heart might explode! WHOA! GREAT BOOK :)) GREAT WORKOUT :)) I love how I can go REALLY hard but still read!!!

I had a conversation with a friend of mine today about nutrition and health. He is VERY knowledgeable in this area. He is a coach of many sports, and he works with kids in wrestling, who need to gain or lose weight, so he has tried everything that his kids want to do, so he knows what is healthy and what works. He is in incredible shape and has always been. He is no-nonsense kind of guy, who just tells ya like it is. He is very supportive of my health journey, and I SO appreciate having him as a resource.

I am going to start focusing on my carbs, as I know that I probably eat too many of those. I don't really know what my numbers are, so I am going to pay attention to that. My friend--Dean--also told me that I probably need to eat more than 1200 calories because of how much I am exercising. He also talked about mixing up my exercise (which I already do), and making sure that I do some weights each day to help with the metabolic burn. All stuff that I know :)He did say that I could up my calories for a week or two, and then go back down to 1200. Mix it up. He also told me that he has gone with 3 days of no carbs, 2 days of carbs, etc. Kind of a shock to the system. I think for now, I want to just see how many carbs I consume, so that I have a clear picture about it.

Dean also mentioned that I could have ONE day of freebie eating. He works out really hard on that day, extra hard, and his day is Sunday. He talked about how that confuses the body, so it doesn't get into a pattern or think that it knows what you are doing and then adjusts to whatever that is. Instead, you should keep it wondering.

We did also talk about eating five times a day, which I kind of do, but not always. So I am going to make sure that I don't skip my snacks. He also said it was good that I eat a protein shake in the morning, and that I should eat something after I work out, but that it doesn't have to be protein necessarily.

OK, so now for a recap of the last two days:
Water - yes. I do want to increase this, as I find that I am just at 100 ounces a day.
Vitamins - yes.
Fruits/veggies - yes.
Calories - yes.
EXERCISE - yes, twice a day!! I have been averaging at least 700 calories burned a day! I can really feel the toning that is happening :)

I did write everything down everything that I ate the past two days, and I will start blogging that again tomorrow! I did eat between 1200-1400 calories both yesterday and today.

There ya have it! I am headed to bed :))) Going to spinning class tomorrow morning!

No comments: