Sunday, February 5, 2012

Monday = FRESH start with some new goals!

I am excited for tomorrow for a whole bunch of reasons!
1) I am going to get up in the morning and do THE FIRM!
2) I am going to get back into my normal blogging mode--the past two weeks have been busy and crazy between being sick, the play, and going out of town several times!
3) I am going for a massage :) YES!
4) I am going to sign-up and join the local fitness club and their Physique Challenge. I am a little nervous for my pre-pictures, and I have to just keep reminding myself that I have lost over 50 pounds, and that I am half-way to my goal, so I still have quite a bit more to go! This is just a mid-progress check for me. I will also have a body compensation appointment. SIGH. I am going to workout at the club, too, so I will be working out twice tomorrow!

I am VERY excited to get started! I have some huge physical goals for the next three months!
1) My half-marathon training for the race at the end of April.
2) I want to start weight training!!
3) I would like to lose 25 pounds in the next three months--that seems a bit high, but I truly believe I can do it!!!
4) I want to do two classes a week--I am going to being Zumba at my school on Tuesday afternoons, and I want to do at least one class a week at the club.
5) I want to play racquetball with a partner at least one time a week--optimally I would like to play 3 times a week, but I don't know if I will have RB partners or not right away.

Then, once these goals are accomplished, and my three months is up at the club and the physique challenge is over, I plan to then try P90X. My son is giving me a copy when I go visit at the end of March :)) It will be an early Mother's Day gift! And, I feel that starting it in May--right near Mother's Day--will be AWESOME timing for a several reasons!
1) I want to focus on my half-marathon right now, and that is the training I need to devote my time for working out.
2) I feel that once I lose a little more weight, it will be easier for me. I know several people who have started and NOT finished the program because it is HARD!!! I truly believe that people start it before they are physically ready for it, and can't handle it, and stop doing it :( I know people who are in FABULOUS shape, who have really struggled with it. My son, who was a MARINE, told me it's some of the hardest physical training he has ever done! I am tough, and I can take a challenge, but I also know that I want to be READY for it, so I will do my 90 days!
3) It will be perfect timing...I can do it for May, June, and July!! That will be perfect for my summer focus.

I look forward to becoming STRONGER!!!

No comments: