Thursday, April 24, 2008

A couple of quick things!

     Hey! I have a couple of things to blog about that are on what seems to be an ever-growing list of topics!
     First, again, I cannot emphasize how much I love WW! It really does make you pay attention to PORTIONS!
     Case in point: I love eating the Progresso Light soups that everyone talks about and touts as being a "0" point food.
     Let's clarify, if you eat HALF of the can, yes it is "0" points, but if you eat the entire can, if you use your WW slider to calculate, if you look at the calories, fat, and fiber, you will see that a can is "2" points.
     Of course, those two points are not going to make or break your day, but really it is aobut paying attention to portions!
     OK, next. I just found out that we have a person who offeres water aerobics locally!! I called last night to find out details.
     Serena Fiacco (322-1400) offers the classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and she has several different times, but right now, only one class has an opening.
     She's totally reasonable in price. She charges $6 class, with $3 going to her and the other going for to the owner's of the pool. You pay monthly based on the number of classes you attend.
     I asked her if this was "mellow" water aerobics or a workout, and she said DEFINITELY a workout! I am totally thinking about trying this out this summer!
     That's all for the moment, be healthy!

No comments: