Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pass the strawberry, please!

     Strawberries! I love them! And, Safeway had a super duper sale on them, so I bought not one, but two, packages!
     I have made smoothies. I have also eaten them cut up in cottage cheese. I just love them!
     They make me think about all of the yummy fruit that the summer brings, and also the Farmers Market! I can't wait for that to open up.
     I am also seriously considering a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share with 8th Street Greens.
     In addition to that, our little one and I are busy planting our garden for this year. We have started in the house, and we are working on decorating apple bins, as we are going to have a bin garden, so the critters (birds and marmits) won't eat all of our produce.
     I love eating all the fresh food in the summer. Hopefully our weather will eventually cooperate, and we actually will have veggies and fruits sooner than later.
     Be healthy!

No comments: