Monday, April 14, 2008

What a walk!

     Even though every Sunday I am going to blog about my virtual trip, I will still share with you what I am doing in reality!
     So, this morning I got up early, had all my clothes and water ready, and I headed out to conquer the Conconully Hill (that's not really its name, at least I don't think).
     As I am walking up the hill I feel sprinkles on my leg, and I look up and think because of the gloomy sky that it might be sprinkling, but then I realize that my water bottle has sprung a leak in the very bottom of the bottle.
      I just carried it upside down, and that seemed to subside the runaway water. But, then I came up with a brilliant idea, and I just used my gum to cover the little hole.
     This, of course, made me crack up because all I could think about was Chevy Chase in Vegas Vacation when he goes on the Dam Tour, and attempts to plug up the holes with gum. LOL!
     Then on the way back down the hill, are you ready for this? I kid you not, but a guy in a house right below me walked out of his house, into his backyard, and took a leak. I am totally serious!
     He lives in town! I realize his backyard is mostly private, although probably his neighbors on each side could witness this event, too. And, it was in the light of day, and the guy was in his work clothes, not that being in his jammies would change things.
     Maybe his toilet is not working. Maybe...I doubt it, though. It was just a bit much for me.
     After my eventful walk this morning, I can't wait to see what the day brings! It's a busy one! Be healthy (and be careful of what you might see when you are out on your walk!)!!

No comments: