Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nova Marathon Challenge

     For the record I need to say that I do NOT intend on running a marathon. I do want to take up running this summer, but not necessarily long distance, or at least THAT long.
     Have you heard about Nova's Marathon Challenge? My doctor told me about it last week when I was in there for the pitting edema (which by the way I still have).
     As far as I can tell, they took 13 individuals who were all over the board in fitness level (mostly not fit) and all of them had some physical challenge of another (smoking, diabetes, etc.); none of them had running experience.
     They trained them for nine months (the site actually has the training calendar); they trained both mentally and physically.
     They were tested (almost ridiculously so) before, during and after this experience. It looks like all but one finished and MANY had very respectable times!
     What a cool experience!

No comments: