Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fun Fitness!

     I am totally considering the purchase of a Wii system! I think it would be such a fun way to keep a variety of fitness happening in my life.
     Recently I watched a show that featured unique amenities at hotels around the country. In particular the focus was on technology and gadgets. One hotel, the Parker Meridien Hotel in New York, highlighted actually renovated their much unused squash court, and now customers can workout with a trainer to a Wii game such as boxing or tennis. You can check out the entire story at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23907152/.
     I have both friends and family who have the Wii system, and it looks like tons of fun. I have watched people play golf, and my girlfriend has friends that have a couples’ party where everyone plays the Wii in friendly competition!
     I would like to buy the system and the following games: Dance, Dance Revolution, Tennis, Boxing, Carnival Game (probably not a huge calorie burner, this one, but I love those games, and this is a much cheaper way to play them!) Winter Sports (includes ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, etc.), and any other sport games.
     I found a site of someone who gave himself a 30-day challenge of working out with the Wii for thirty minutes a day. He chronicles his experience, and it’s a fun thing to read from start to finish. What a cool idea!! And, he talks about some games that he didn’t expect to be as fun as they were and how they worked different parts of his body. Check it out at: http://www.workoutwithwii.com/content/view/38/1/.
     In addition to using the Wii, I am especially interested in a new extra that will hit stores May 19th. Wii Fit looks like a COOL program of all sorts of exercises, yoga, core activities, balance, even Hula hoping, and it also keeps track of fitness stats for you. Check out the video all about here: http://e3nin.nintendo.com/wii_fit.html.
     Be healthy! And, have fun while you’re at it, why don’t ya?!

No comments: