Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'll take the sLoW and STEADY with a side order of sunburn and sore muscles!

     I lost .6 last night. I was surprised because of how my clothes are fitting and the changes in pants sizes, as I expected more. But, it's a loss. Basically since I gained .6 last week, lost it this week, I average out to zero for the two weeks. I ahve a total of 11 pounds SIGH.
      The other ladies: 1.6, 1.2, .6 (me), and a 2.2 gain. I am missing one gal. And, then Rick's cousin lost 9.6 in her first week!!
      The leader last night spoke about the myth of exercising and weighing more. She did say, and then I decided to research more, that when you exercise hard and you have sore muscles that your body will retain water.
      My ankles have been swollen since this weekend. I actually have had pitting edema for two days. I figure it's sore muscles, my thyroid, or?? I am actually making an appointment to go and have my thyroid checked again. I have been taking my medication faithfully, and I did also get a thyroid booster from the health food store.
      I decided to check out what the leader said about water retention; it is true. Your body holds onto water to rehab those injured muscles. Hmmmm. So, you have to keep drinking water, give your body a break, and lower the intensity level of your exercise.
      I don't know what I think about that. You see, I am bored when I walk on flat surfaces. I LOVE walking up gi-normous hills. I love the adrenaline, the endorphins, the high. I love the accomplishment and challenge.
      I do know that I am GUNG HO. That's just my personality. I don't know about taking it easy.
      I am not giving up. I am motivated to keep moving down in pant sizes, and I know the scale will eventually match up, too.
      Another interesting thing I ran into in my research, I found that sunburns cause MAJOR water retention. I had a NASTY burn on Saturday that only started feeling better on Tuesday!
      Balance. I need to find it. I know I can. Be healthy!

No comments: