Monday, April 14, 2008

Socks and sunscreen

     Blisters? Are you kidding me? I have been walking now for a month, and I have not had any blisters, and then today, I got them.
     I know exactly what the problem is and WHY I got blisters today. It all relates to NOT the shoes I wore, but the socks. I was in a hurry, and I had set out everything else this morning, but I forgot to set out socks, so I just grabbed some out of my drawer, and they were not sport socks by any means. Grrr…
     They are not too huge, but I do have one on both heels. I could just ride my recumbent tomorrow morning, instead of walking, I will just have to wait and see. So, I went and purchased moleskin, and hopefully I can deal with these stinking blisters which really are just a pain literally and figuratively.
     Speaking of pain…I have a nasty sunburn, and it’s all my fault. I KNEW that Saturday was going to be wicked hot, and I even twittered about getting the sunscreen out, which I did (I have 50.), but then I forgot it at home, and someone did offer some to me at the ballgame, but by then, it was truly too late.
     I am fried on my face, my hairline hurts the most. My nose is super red, and that doesn’t count all the weird lines on my legs, chest, and arms because of what I was wearing and where I was sitting in relation to the sun. SIGH. Can someone say DUMB BUTT??
     I have been putting on Aloe (pure), and I even rubbed on vinegar to take out the sting (which it did), but I am still sore. I actually wore a skirt today because I didn’t want to have pants rubbing up and down on my legs all day. I think my lips were even were affected.
     But, I won’t let these setbacks hold me down. I still exercised this morning, and I will tomorrow, too. Be healthy and wear your sunscreen and good socks!!

No comments: