Sunday, December 18, 2011

BEST RUN

I was thinking about doing my The Firm dvd again today (I am TOTALLY sore today!!), but in the end I did go for a run/jog/walk instead. The sunshine was calling me!!!

SO, up on the flats it was windy :( Cold and windy. I played around with turning around and going back home to exercise inside. In the end, I decided to stick it out.

A couple of observations:


  • I do much better if I am chewing gum!!


  • I need to buy smaller exercise pants, and pants that can tie at the waist!


  • I need to NOT wear a cotton shirt. I sweat like crazy, and it was COLD on the last bit on the way home.


  • I LOVE my i-pod and my HRM.


  • I need to wear sunglasses on a day like today! HOLY smokes it was so bright!!! And, the glare of the sun on the wet road...zoiks!

So, as I got going, I decided that rather than jog for a long time, I would go for speed and time. I jogged/ran 2 straight miles in 21 minutes or 10 minutes 30 seconds each mile!! THAT's the best I have ever done :))) Then, I decided to walk as fast as I could up Robinson Canyon. It normally takes me 10 minutes, but today I did it in 8 minutes and 3o seconds!!! Freaking amazing!!! I am so proud of myself. I burned 636 calories!! WHAT a workout :)) This has become my Sunday ritual, and I LOVE it! I don't know what I'm going to do when the weather doesn't cooperate anymore??!! At least if winter does show up, it won't be for long!

I am so stoked that I didn't decide to not run or give up and turn around. Instead I rocked it!!!

No comments: