Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Starvation Mode?

I have been VERY interested in the right amount of calories to eat. Part of my problem is that often I am not hungry, and I will have a hard time eating 1000 calories a day, much less 1200, which seems to be the magical number. And, I don't want to eat just to eat so many calories a day. I have been trying to listen to my body and eat when I am hungry or eat because I need energy and nourishment.

I do try to eat healthy, though I will snack on things I want, too. But, for the most part, I eat lots of fruits and veggies were fill you up, and protein, same thing!

I have found some REALLY fascinating studies regarding the whole starvation mode. And, one thing they reminded me is that my doctor did say I needed to be taking a multi-vitamin, so I need to get on that!!

I liked this article because of all of its external links to research. FASCINATING stuff, I tell ya! I also found this article interesting, though the writer obviously has some different circumstances than I do. So, what is your take on this?

No comments: