Monday, December 19, 2011

A love I had forgotten...

989 calories burned today when I went CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING!!! It was so beautiful up on the Loup; the sun was shining, there was no wind, and it was sparkly and quiet :)) I forgot how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE cross-country skiing! It smelled clean and pine-like. It was crazy that it was so gorgeous up there, because down in town it was all fogged in and gloomy looking.

I KNOW I am going to be feeling it tomorrow!! My quads, biceps, triceps, and shoulders!! Altogether we skied 5.4 miles :) It was warm, so I was just in a couple of layers of clothing. And, boy I was sweating!!

I was surprised at how easy it was to get back into the swing of things! It has been so long since I had gone. I wasn't gung-ho about the trail because even though it was groomed, it didn't have the tracks that make it so much easier to ski. That will come when more snow does! The good news...I didn't fall! Everyone else that went had a tumble, but I managed to keep up, though I had a couple of close calls.

I am so glad that I went today :) Not only is it killer calorie burner, but I LOVE it!! Can't wait to go again :) Maybe I will try one more time this break...

No comments: