Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkey Day

I survived my first Turkey Day :)) I have another one tomorrow!

THE best part of yesterday was when Jordie saw me for the first time, since he left for college, and he RAVED about how good I look, and how proud he is of me!! YES :)

We had a blast with family and we love playing Liverpool Rummy! I tied for first place, gotta love i t!

So, what did I eat?
Here's the skinny:
coffee with gingerbread creamer - 40

At dinner I ate two plates, which really wasn't crazy except that I did eat it all at one sitting, and that was nuts! I haven't eaten that much at one time in forever, so my tummy was FULL. Truly I was miserable :(

I decided that my eating was like this...
1st plate = breakfast/lunch
2nd plate= dinner
I didn't eat anything else for the day.

I did not track calories, but here is what was on each plate:
Plate #1 - ham--which by the way, is the best ever. Rick is an amazing cook! He makes THE best ham ever!! I had some turkey, but only a tiny bit. As well, mashed potatoes and mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, a tiny bit of gravy. Each serving was about 1/2 cup.

Plate #2- ham (hello, didn't I mentioned how YUMMY it is?), mashed sweet potatoes, cranberries, and an itty bitty slice of pumpkin pie (seriously I could have put it all in a 1/2 cup or smaller) and an itty bitty slice (same size) of cheesecake.

As you can see, I ate what I wanted. My portions were small. I consider it a BALANCE :)) Having what I wanted, but not going overboard.

OK, but how about the exercising?!?!
First, I did a mini-jumprope workout in the morning. I jumped rope for 16 minute s in 88 degrees--our house is always toasty warm :)

My HRM recorded 124 calories burned. I jumped 291 times, with 60 in a row being the longest. I will get to 100 in a row! I will do it!! I am getting better, and I LOVE the workout!

Then after dinner when we got home, I decided to bust out the Wii. I was feeling icky from eating too much at one time. So, I knew I needed to sweat! I played tennis and boxing, and I also love to do the training mode, where I try to do just one better each time :) I played for 35 minutes, and I wore my HRM, but somehow I didn't have it set, so I don't have info. But, I can tell you I was sweating, and today I have Wii arm!!! I am sore for sure. I felt tons better after playing Wii!! I kinda want the Wii Fit now, maybe.

All in all, I am happy with how I handled Thanksgiving. I didn't feel like I was on restriction, and it was nice that I felt like I NEEDED exercise!

No comments: