Sunday, October 30, 2011

Feeling strong and focused!

I have been thinking a lot about my goals!! I am so proud of where I am right now in comparison to the beginning of the summer!! I started the weight loss challenge in mid-July, and I am still at it!! I don't normally follow-through with any weight-related stuff for more than maybe six weeks. So, I really feel like this life changing for me :)

My goals for the winter...From November 1st - March 1st (4 months), I want to lose 30 pounds. I know this is possible! That would mean in Spring, I would emerge as the pretty butterfly I really am on the inside!!

Starting November 1st, I want to work out at least 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes. I also feel that this is doable, even with my hectic busy schedule :) MAKING time for me!

I also want to ski some this year! I have my own cross-country gear, and I could ski out in our field (I did that several winters ago!). I love to downhill as well, and the tubing hill at the Loop is DEFINITELY a fun workout :)

The first weekend of December is the half-marathon in Vegas that I am going to do! I am excited and nervous!! And, so November will be focused on training for that. My goal is to finish in 3 hours and 30 minutes!! That is approximately 15:40/mile. I know I can walk that, if I have to, but my hope is to jog and walk it!

Another gi-normous goal for me is to continue to lose weight during Hallogivingmas!! Still enjoy all I want, but pay attention to portions, write everything down, and TRULY decide if I want whatever it is that I think I want. As well, I am learning that I can plan ahead. I can have extra workouts to compensate for those times where I will eat extra calories.

No comments: