Friday, March 21, 2008

Give me a chicken, and I will cook it a bunch of different ways!

      Yesterday I explored the WW recipes, and I found that I like this online tool a lot.
      You can do all sorts of things. For example, I found a BBQ chicken and black bean pizza recipe that looked yummy. It was 7 points a slice.
      But, I could go in and tweak things around like take the pizza crust they had in the recipe and insert the flatout bread instead, dramatically changing points and increasing portion size.
      You can also enter in your recipes, and it will tell you how many points your recipe is per serving.
      And, there are TONS of recipes, and my favorite search tool for recipes is that you can search by points!
      I made a YUMMY balsamic chicken with mushrooms dish last night. I tweaked it a bit, and used portabella mushrooms (big, thick slices), and instead of cooking it in the frying pan, I baked it. I did use fresh thyme.
      This was absolutely scrumptious. The chicken breasts burst with juices. And, it was only 3 points! Rick and Jordie had two helpings!
      I made extra, and I plan to shred the chicken and use it for the pizza recipe.
      Definitely I like the benefit of having access to the online tools to WW.
      Have a great day and be healthy!

No comments: