Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stupendous Saturday!

     Saturday! I did sleep in, but only until 8:30. I went to take my thyroid pill and drink some water, and WHAT the heck? SNOW! Geez!
     I was disappointed because Jordie had his first baseball game today, but it was cancelled, and now that I look out, the snow is all gone. SIGH.
     We went and ran a few errands. First, I had a coffee from Pumphouse (a treat, but only 2 points), and then we went to Rite Aid.
     There I found an extensive amount of sugar free candy for those who need that little whatever. I did buy mini-York Peppermint Patties, which are 1 point each or 2 points for 3 pieces! The key is not to eat all of them at once. Just have them on hand when you need a pick-me-up.
     I also bought CocoaVia chocolate almond snack bars. They are 2 points for one bar, and they are touted as a heart healthy food. I had read about them on Hungry Girl, and I actually think they are pretty good. They are VERY chocolatey.
     Also, many of the vitamins at Rite Aid are on special, buy one get one free. And, they have a pretty good selection. I was sort of surprised, actually. So, if you need to stock up, now is the time!
     We headed over to Safeway next, as I am going to make a cabbage soup with ground turkey and lots of other veggies. Of course, the cabbage was on sale because St. Patty's Day is on Monday.
     Pleasantly, I also found fresh skinless, boneless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99 a pound, which is a SUPER price, so I bought extra and threw some in the freezer.
     When we returned home and put the groceries away, I jumped on the recumbent bike and watched television (Celebrity Fit Club - which I think they should do a viewers vs. celebrities show), and during the commercials I read a book (Fat Kid Rules The World - K.L. Going).
     I rode for 7.5 miles in 31 minutes. And, I feel great! I decided I am going to keep track of all the miles, and metaphorically ride from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean!
     It's been a great Saturday, so far. Be healthy!

No comments: