Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hortonesque Philosophy

      I don't know how the entire group did tonight at WW because I had to leave once I weighed, as I had a mandatory orientation for Running Start for Jordie.
      I only lost .6 or basically a half of a pound, which brings me to 5.6 pounds total.
      I am going to be BRUTALLY honest in saying I was VERY disappointed with that number. The lady weighing me in reminding me that it is the total amount that I should focus on, and 5.6 pounds is good for two weeks, BUT...
      Then I called Rick on my way to the meeting, and he is so wise in reminding me that I am in this for life, for the long haul, not just the second week.
     So, I am going to take Horton's view of things, and a loss is a loss, no matter how small!
      I decided to look at my chart from when I did WW eons ago, and guess what? Big loss first week, tiny loss second week, a little bigger third week, and big loss fourth week. SIGH.
      I also distinctly remember watching Biggest Loser and watching people come off of big weeks to lose very little or even nothing at all.
     What I have to remind myself is that I am making really positive choices in my life. I have journaled EVERYTHING I am eating. I am drinking my water. I am right where I should be each day for points. I am eating fruit and veggies, weighing food and paying attention to portions, taking vitamins, and exercising.
      I have exercised so well for a week now. I did walk a mile today, and rode the recumbent this afternoon for six miles. And, I definitely have more energy and feel better. That's what I need to focus on and carry into next week.
     And, even though I was initially upset with the little loss, I feel ramped up to do even better this next week.
     So, how did the rest of the six-pack do? I am not totally sure because I had to leave before everyone was there. I do know one person lost a pound, another lost 4.6, and I still have to check in with three others. I will keep you posted.
      That's it for tonight. Be healthy!

No comments: