Sunday, March 9, 2008

Give me a rice cake, and I will give you more!

     I am a rice cake aficionado or at least I would like to consider myself as one!
     I love rice cakes, and I don’t have the texture issue that some people feel like they are eating cardboard. To me, I see rice cakes as just a low-cal option for bread.
     So, I love to eat the following combinations using the lightly salted rice cakes, of course.

PB & J (4 points)
1 tbsp of Adam’s peanut butter
1 tbsp of blackberry all fruit jam

*of course, you can go with any variation of adding to the peanut butter like pickles or bananas (preferably not at the same time!)

Tuna (3 points without cheese)
2 ounces of tuna (about a quarter cup)
2 tbsps light or ff Miracle Whip (I use light)
cheese is optional
I like to add cut up pickles to this, too.

     These next ones I like to eat both cold or warmed up in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.

Spice it up! (3 points)
shredded cheese
sour cream
salsa

C & C (3.5 points)
a slice or two of chicken lunchmeat (can substitute any)
a slice of lowfat cheese (I like provolone)
sometimes I include a swab of mustard
sometimes I add a tomato

Beans (3 points)
such and such beans
little cheese or sour cream

     I did come across some websites with some fun ideas that I have not tried, but plan on doing so soon! Definitely check out this site if you love rice cakes! http://www.quakerricesnacks.com/?q=recipes

Salmon
Cream cheese, tomato and cucumber
Cottage cheese and tomato (3 points)

     Rice cake on!

No comments: