Monday, March 17, 2008

Riding Across America!

     So, I walked to work today, and then since my prep is right before lunch, I ate my lunch while I was working on work, and then during lunch I walked a mile. Yup, four times around the track! It took me 18 minutes, and I just felt wonderful and energetic for the rest of the afternoon.
     Then, my step-daughter and I walked home. Once I had a snack for her and some milk, and her color papers out, then I rode the bike for 30 minutes, 7 miles!
     This is all really low impact, so nothing hurts, but I do break a sweat, and it just feels good!
     Now, my figurative bike trip. I am going to ride my recumbent bike starting from Long Beack, Washington, one of my favorite places to be, lots of memories there throughout the years. Then, I plan on ending my trip in a place I have always wanted to visit, and I do plan on going there some day: Atlantic City, New Jersey!
     This entire trip according to mapquest is a total of 3037 miles! If I were to average 7 miles a day, that will still take me 434 days. But, here's the deal...THIS helps me think about being healthy in a long-term way.
     So, I am now up to 19 miles on the bike, so I am basically in Astoria, Oregon, another one of my favorite places! I just rode across the Astoria Bridge (4.1 miles long)!
     If you want to see the virtual road I am taking, check it out! http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Long+Beach+WA/Atlantic+City+NJ/?
     Keep riding, and be healthy!

No comments: