Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What's up?

     This is just a quick update for what's been happening lately. First, the Montessori auction!
     All I can really say about this event is WOW! I still cannot get over the amount of people who came out for a truly fun evening. (We sat with great friends and had our share of laughs!)
     Then if you add in the generosity of all the donations and time parents volunteered to make the event happen, I feel humbled.
     Of course, the major highlight is the amount of money we raised, more than impressive. We are dedicating this money to the building fund to improve the facilities of the school.
     I love being involved in an effort that I truly believe makes a difference!
     Speaking of that, on Monday it was Read Across America Day! Did you know that?
     Well, I organized (big shock, I know...me organizing?) almost 40 high school kids to go down and read in grades K-2.
     The big kids had just as much (maybe even more) fun than the younger kids. It was awesome!
     My National Honor Society kids also brought books and gave them as gifts to the Kindergarteners!! It was so cute! My step-daughter was in the class we visited, and she was so excited to see some of her favorite high school friends, and to get a book!
     So, it's been busy, but totally today, as Sarah and I went for a walk and just enjoyed the smells and sights of Spring, I couldn't help but smile.
     I am focused on giving my needs the energy that I have all bundled up inside. I am excited to see what happens next.

No comments: