Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Smooth operator!

     I wanted to tell you that I made a yummy smoothie last night. G-Ma Pat gave me a smoothie maker one year as a gift, and it's user friendly, with a pour spout even.
     So, I used Skinny Supreme milk (8 ounces), 1 VERY ripe banana (that's what gave me the idea...I was going to throw the bananas away, because I didn't want to make bread), and I added a little bit of sugar freee chocolate JELLO pudding (the powder - to make the smoothie have a thicker consistency).
     It was SOOO yummy and SOOO filling. It was 4 points, which is more than what I normally have as dessert, but it was very yummy and the milk is good for me!
     A long time ago, I used to make smoothie concoctions all the time. Some other ingredients you can try: yogurt, peaches (I like to use frozen fruit for the chunky consistency), strawberries, any fruit, peanut butter, sugar free hot chocolate mix, sugar free flavors (like for coffee), any kind of sugar free JELLO pudding mix (I only use about a third of the envelope, maybe), and any combination of all of the above! You can add ice or not. I even like to add light Cool Whip for a creamier taste.
     Just some yummy ideas for you! Have fun and be healthy!

No comments: