Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lovely Leftovers!

     One of the other things I love that I am doing is that I am making lots of whatever we have for dinner, and then using the leftovers in some sort of creative way. Who would've thought that I would actually WANT leftovers on purpose?
     Saturday night we had steak, and we made extra. I sliced it really thin and ate it on my salad the next day! Yummy!
     By the way, I couldn't find my food scale, so I bought a new one (It was on sale at Safeway!). I weigh out all of my meat, so I know exactly how much I am eating!
     It sort of has turned out into a science lesson, as we all guess how much we think a certain portion is, and then we weigh it to see who is right. Rick is still way (no pun intended) off. He thinks everything is much heavier than it is. I guess if you have to be off, it's better to be off that way!
     Anyhow, I have now purposefully cooked leftovers with four meals, and it is a great way to always have some sort of extra protein handy for either breakfast with scrambled egg beaters or in a wrap or salad for lunch!
     When I sat down to plan out my meals for this entire week, I used that idea, which also makes buying healthy foods not quite so expensive. Bring on the leftovers, and be healthy!

No comments: