Friday, March 14, 2008

A way of life!

     OK, so normally on our early release days a group of us head out and eat at a local restaurant.
     I really wanted to be able to do that today, just like any other day, because I don't want WW to be a diet, but rather a way of life.
     So, off we went! I orded a veggie sandwich on whole wheat bread, with a side salad (fat free French dressing on the side - with not even half gone), and a glass of water. That's a whopping 3 points for lunch, which is actually less than the WW meals I normally eat.
     I was full, and the food was yummy. I loved escaping from school for a small break in the day, and my company was delightful!
     A little salad dressing trick...dip your fork in the dressing, then fork the salad. You still have the taste of the dressing, but it keeps the portion under control.
     I also really like the spray dressing, which is definitely the same concept of limiting the portion.
     We did decid to go to the movie tonight, so I have already made my popcorn (1 point), and I found a couple of other snacks to take with me.
     I love chocolate, and York Peppermint Patties are a perfect match with my popcorn. One BIG one is only 2 points! Finally, a friend shared with me that Tootsie Roll Pops are only 1 point, and sure enough, they are!
     Even with those goodies, and a yummy chicken stirfry and brown rice dinner, I am still going to be under points!!!
     I came home from work today and decided to ride the bike. I turned on the television and rode for 5 miles (21 minutes), earning 2 exercise points.
     It's been a good day! A healthy day!

No comments: