Monday, March 31, 2008

Feeling quiet

     It's hard to believe that we are at Spring Break already!
     On Saturday we headed down to Wenatchee. We were disappointed that Jordan's baseball games with Cascade were cancelled due to MASSIVE amounts of snow, but we went ahead and took him down there and did some shopping.
     I bought a new pair of Saucony shoes, which are my absolute favorite walking/exercising shoes in the world. To make that even better, they were on sale BIG TIME!!
     We also went to the bookstore (one of my favorite places to be), and I bought a couple of books, and I even read one book while sitting on the floor for almost thirty minutes!
     We ate out at Wok About Grill, one of my favorite restaurants. I had all veggies and no sugary sauces (just water and garlic) to grill up my food. It was delicious.
     Then part way through lunch, my sister called. NOT good news. My grandpa is in ICU in Texas.
     He is 78 years old, and I KNOW HE HAS LIVED A GOOD LIFE, BUT THAT DOESN'T EASE THE PAIN OF RIGHT NOW.
     He has always been healthy and VERY young for his age, up until this last decade or so. And about three years ago my sister donated her kidney to him. It rejected last year, and he has been fighting all sorts of things since then.
     It doesn't look good for him to leave the hospital. I am absolutely devastated. I will write more later, but that's why I have been a bit quiet these past two days.
    Be healthy, and love those around you.

No comments: