Monday, March 24, 2008

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that

     If you know anything about WW, you know that many people love the Progresso Light soups because they are ZERO points. I did a little poking around, and I found a website that includes some what looks like tasty recipes, at least I plan to try some of them!
     Check it out at:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/progresso/Progresso-light-landing-page.htm
     I have been on a mission lately, searching out some new and healthy recipes. I just made a yummy artichoke, mushroom, and chicken dish tonight. SO flavorful and low in calories!!!
     I also have been thinking about super fun things for my step-daughter and I to do over Spring Break (next week!!!!) that incorporates lots of exercise.
     I know we are definitely going to head out on bikes at one of the local parks on a couple of days. I think we are going to go on a hike one day, maybe up on the Loop somewhere or else out in Conconully. I have a couple of other things up my sleeve (maybe bowling and working on our apple bin garden) that will be lots of fun, too! I can't wait!!!
     Hey, did you know that March is National Nutritional Month? How ironic that it would be the month that I re-dedicated myself to being healthy! Very COOL!
     UPDATE for the weekend...Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt, then we had a double-header in baseball (Bulldogs won both games, woo hoo), and I walked almost a mile around the "block" in between games. I also packed my snacks and water, and I did SUPER!
     Then my step-daughter attended a bowling birthday party in the afternoon, and finally we headed home to play outside.
     Then Sunday was all about another Easter egg hunt (granted I didn't make Jordie hunt out his gifts!), and then we had yummy dinner at G-Ma Pat's.
     It was really nice because Rick's brother and family came up. Unfortunately they didn't get to see our little one because she was with her bio-mom. But, we still had a great time hanging with family, just missed our two kiddos (CODY, too).
     I did eat REALLY well! I had some ham, one small red potato (plain), broccoli (which I need to do some investigating because I read in an article that it can be bad for people with thryoid issues, but I LOVE broccoli), some fruit salad (which G-Ma made with light cool whip, and nothing bad), two wheat rolls (no butter), and two devilled eggs (I made them with light Miracle Whip), and that entire meal was what I considered both my lunch and dinner.
     I finished out the rest of the day with a WW ice cream (2 points), and some popcorn (1 point), and some fruit. All in all, I was WAY under my points!
     So, it was a LOVELY weekend! Be healthy!

No comments: